Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Ductile Iron 65-45-12||Process:||Green Sand Casting Process+precoated Sand Core|
|Machining:||Machining Center||Surface:||Anti-Rust Oil|
|Packing:||Plywood Crate + VCI Anti-Rust Bag||Used For:||Industry|
graphite cast iron,
spheroidal cast iron
OEM High Precision Cast Iron Ductile Iron Casting Parts Green Sand Molding
Product Description and Process
1. Ductile Iron 65 45 12 Foundry Cast Iron Products Iron Casting Manufacturer green sand castings
2. Production process: green sand molding, pre-coated sand molding and resin sand molding which can produce iron castings from 50 gram to 2000 kilograms
3. Machining process: CNC machine, machining center, lathe, mill machine, drill machine, etc.
4. Surface treatment process: paint coating, electrophoretic coating, electrogalvanizing coating, black oxide coating, phosphate coating, powder coating, etc.
Product Material and Uses
1. Normally produce with gray iron HT200, HT250, ductile iron 65-45-12, 60-40-18, 80-55-06, 80-60-03, etc.
2. The ductile iron casting products are widely used for Auto-cars, trains, trucks, vehicle components, mining machinery components, agricultural machinery parts, textile machinery parts, construction machinery parts, etc.
What is Ductile Iron made from?
While ductile iron can be produced from steel or iron scrap, pig iron is the primary source of infeed for most modern ductile iron foundries. Pig iron refers to the primary iron production of a blast furnace that contains over ninety percent iron.
The term “pig iron” arose from the old-fashioned method of casting blast furnace iron into molds arranged in sand beds in such a manner that they could be fed from a common runner. Because the groups of molds resembled a litter of suckling pigs, the individual pieces of iron were referred to as “pigs” and the runner was referred to as a sow. Modern pigs are produced by a continuous pig casting machines.
Pig iron is used in ductile iron production as a primary source of pure iron. It offers a number of unique advantages: pig iron contains low residual or harmful elements, has a consistent chemistry, promotes optimal slag conditions, and improves process control by providing consistent charge properties. Demand for pig iron has increased in recent years as ductile iron foundries utilize its advantages over alternate iron sources such as iron scrap, or melting steel scrap and adding carbon.
ASTM A536 Standard for Ductile Iron Castings
ASTM A536 is the American standard specification for ductile iron castings, the main material grades including:
If you were to do a chemical analysis of ductile iron, this is what you would normally find:
Carbon 3.2 – 3.60%
Silicon 2.2 – 2.8%
Manganese 0.1 – 0.2%
Magnesium 0.03 – 0.04%
Phosphorus 0.005 – 0.04%
Sulfur 0.005 – 0.02%
Copper <= 0.40%
To improve the strength of ductile iron, additional tin or copper can be added. To improve corrosion resistance, copper, nickel, or chromium can replace anywhere from 15-30% of the iron.
Common Ductile Iron Grades
While there are many different ductile iron specifications, foundries routinely offer 3 common grades;
|Physical and Mechanical Properties||ASTM A536, Grade 60-40-18||ASTM A536, Grade 65-45-12||ASTM A536, Grade 80-55-06|
|Tensile Strength, min, psi||60,000||65,000||80,000|
|Tensile Strength, min, MPa||414||448||552|
|Yield Strength, min, psi||40,000||45,000||55,000|
|Yield Strength, min, MPa||276||310||379|
|Elongation in 2 in. or 50 mm, min %||18||12||6|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees F)||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees C)||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200|
|Compressive Strength Ksi||429||429||429|
|Compressive Strength MPa||2960||2960||2960|
Contact Person: Mr. James Wang
Tel: +86 13213152686