Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Ductile Iron 65-45-12||Process:||Green Sand Casting Process|
|Machining:||CNC Machining||Surface:||Anti-Rust Oil|
nodular cast iron,
spheroidal cast iron
Industry Sand Casting Ductile Cast Iron ASTM A536 Grade 65-45-12 FCD450
Product Description and Process
1. Ductile Cast Iron Sand Casting Ductile Iron Material ASTM A536 Grade 65-45-12 FCD450
2. Production process: green sand molding, pre-coated sand molding and resin sand molding which can produce iron castings from 50 gram to 2000 kilograms
3. Machining process: CNC machine, machining center, lathe, mill machine, drill machine, etc.
4. Surface treatment process: paint coating, electrophoretic coating, electrogalvanizing coating, black oxide coating, phosphate coating, powder coating, etc.
Product Material and Uses
1. Normally produce with gray iron HT200, HT250, ductile iron 65-45-12, 60-40-18, 80-55-06, 80-60-03, etc.
2. The ductile iron casting products are widely used for Auto-cars, trains, trucks, vehicle components, mining machinery components, agricultural machinery parts, textile machinery parts, construction machinery parts, etc.
Advantages of Ductile Iron
There are several advantages that ductile iron provides designers:
1. Ductile iron can be easily cast and machined.
2. It has an excellent strength to weight ratio.
3. Ductile iron can be made for a much lower cost than steel.
4. It has superior castability and machinability.
5. Ductile iron provides a designer with an exceptional combination of toughness, low cost manufacturing, and reliability.
To create different grades of ductile iron, one must control the matrix structure around the graphite during the casting process or through subsequent heat treatment. The minor compositional differences between the different grades of ductile iron exist in order to create the desired matrix (microstructures).
Ductile iron can be considered as steel with graphite spheroids dispersed throughout its matrix. The qualities of the metallic matrix in which the graphite spheroids are suspended have a significant effect on ductile iron’s properties, but the graphite spheroids themselves do not.
There are several matrices found within ductile iron, the most common being;
Common Ductile Iron Grades
While there are many different ductile iron specifications, foundries routinely offer 3 common grades;
|Physical and Mechanical Properties||ASTM A536, Grade 60-40-18||ASTM A536, Grade 65-45-12||ASTM A536, Grade 80-55-06|
|Tensile Strength, min, psi||60,000||65,000||80,000|
|Tensile Strength, min, MPa||414||448||552|
|Yield Strength, min, psi||40,000||45,000||55,000|
|Yield Strength, min, MPa||276||310||379|
|Elongation in 2 in. or 50 mm, min %||18||12||6|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees F)||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees C)||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200|
|Compressive Strength Ksi||429||429||429|
|Compressive Strength MPa||2960||2960||2960|
Contact Person: Mr. James Wang
Tel: +86 13213152686