Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Ductile Iron ASTM A536 60-40-18||Process:||Green Sand Casting Process|
|Machining:||CNC Machining||Surface:||Anti-Rust Oil|
|Used For:||Autocar Industry||Packing:||Carton+Crate|
graphite cast iron,
spheroidal cast iron
Exhaust Manifold Parts Ductile Cast iron Process Auto Spare Parts TS16949
Product Description and Process
1. Exhaust Manifold Parts Ductile Cast iron Process Autocar Spare Parts Manufacturer
2. Production process: green sand molding, pre-coated sand molding and resin sand molding which can produce iron castings from 50 gram to 2000 kilograms
3. Machining process: CNC machine, machining center, lathe, mill machine, drill machine, etc.
4. Surface treatment process: paint coating, electrophoretic coating, electrogalvanizing coating, black oxide coating, phosphate coating, powder coating, etc.
Product Material and Uses
1. Normally produce with gray iron HT200, HT250, Ductile Iron 65-45-12, 60-40-18, 80-55-06, 80-60-03, etc.
2. The ductile iron casting products are widely used for Auto-cars, trains, trucks, vehicle components, mining machinery components, agricultural machinery parts, textile machinery parts, construction machinery parts, valves and pump parts, etc.
Ductile Iron Castings & Ductile Cast Iron
If cast iron is subject to a compressive load, these stress points are not particularly detrimental and flake graphite cast iron is excellent under compression. However, tensile loading above the natural tensile strength of the cast iron can cause rapid tensile failure as cracks propagate rapidly out from these stress points. The result of this is that cast iron has virtually no elongation, is a brittle material and is therefore limited in its use in tensile and shock loading applications. For years foundrymen and metallurgists tried to develop a new type of cast iron that would withstand bending and shock loading and would have the characteristics more of malleable cast iron but could be produced at the lower cost of grey cast iron. This resulted in the development of Ductile Cast Iron.
Advantages of ductile iron exhaust manifolds:
1. High tensile strength and elongation, so strong enough for tough working condition.
The following list is showing the common ductile iron material grades for exhaust manifolds.
|Sweden||SS 14 07||0717-02||—||0727-02|
Gray Iron Exhaust Manifolds
Many types of exhaust manifolds were produced by gray cast iron. This is because of their some advantages.
Advantages of gray iron exhaust manifolds:
1. Low production costs, so low prices.
2. Less shrinkage defects, so low defective rates. Foundry’s favor.
The following list is showing the common gray iron material grades for exhaust manifolds.
|Sweden||SS 14 01||O120||O125|
If you were to do a chemical analysis of ductile iron, this is what you would normally find:
Carbon 3.2 – 3.60%
Silicon 2.2 – 2.8%
Manganese 0.1 – 0.2%
Magnesium 0.03 – 0.04%
Phosphorus 0.005 – 0.04%
Sulfur 0.005 – 0.02%
Copper <= 0.40%
To improve the strength of ductile iron, additional tin or copper can be added. To improve corrosion resistance, copper, nickel, or chromium can replace anywhere from 15-30% of the iron.
Ductile Iron Grade Chart
ASTM A536 1993 (USA)
Common Ductile Iron Grades
While there are many different ductile iron specifications, foundries routinely offer 3 common grades;
|Physical and Mechanical Properties||ASTM A536, Grade 60-40-18||ASTM A536, Grade 65-45-12||ASTM A536, Grade 80-55-06|
|Tensile Strength, min, psi||60,000||65,000||80,000|
|Tensile Strength, min, MPa||414||448||552|
|Yield Strength, min, psi||40,000||45,000||55,000|
|Yield Strength, min, MPa||276||310||379|
|Elongation in 2 in. or 50 mm, min %||18||12||6|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees F)||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees C)||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200|
|Compressive Strength Ksi||429||429||429|
|Compressive Strength MPa||2960||2960||2960|
Contact Person: Mr. James Wang
Tel: +86 13213152686