Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Ductile Iron ASTM A536 60-40-18||Process:||Green Sand Casting Process|
|Machining:||CNC Machining; Drill Machine||Surface:||Powder Coating|
|Used For:||Pipe Industry||Packing:||Crate|
nodular cast iron,
graphite cast iron
60-40-18 Material Ductile Cast Iron Saddle Iron Casting Pipe Guides Outlet Parts
Product Description and Process
1. Ductile Cast Iron 60-40-18 Material Saddle Iron Casting Pipe Guides Outlet Parts
2. Production process: green sand molding, pre-coated sand molding and resin sand molding which can produce iron castings from 50 gram to 2000 kilograms
3. Machining process: CNC machine, machining center, lathe, mill machine, drill machine, etc.
4. Surface treatment process: paint coating, electrophoretic coating, electrogalvanizing coating, black oxide coating, phosphate coating, powder coating, etc.
Product Material and Uses
1. Normally produce with gray iron HT200, HT250, Ductile Iron 65-45-12, 60-40-18, 80-55-06, 80-60-03, etc.
2. The ductile iron casting products are widely used for Auto-cars, trains, trucks, vehicle components, mining machinery components, agricultural machinery parts, textile machinery parts, construction machinery parts, valves and pump parts, etc.
Ductile Iron saddle outlets are an economical alternative to tee fittings and welded-on bosses in new construction. Because it can be placed anywhere on the pipe barrel, no cuts have to be made, saving time and money.
If you were to do a chemical analysis of ductile iron, this is what you would normally find:
Carbon 3.2 – 3.60%
Silicon 2.2 – 2.8%
Manganese 0.1 – 0.2%
Magnesium 0.03 – 0.04%
Phosphorus 0.005 – 0.04%
Sulfur 0.005 – 0.02%
Copper <= 0.40%
To improve the strength of ductile iron, additional tin or copper can be added. To improve corrosion resistance, copper, nickel, or chromium can replace anywhere from 15-30% of the iron.
Common Ductile Iron Grades
While there are many different ductile iron specifications, foundries routinely offer 3 common grades;
|Physical and Mechanical Properties||ASTM A536, Grade 60-40-18||ASTM A536, Grade 65-45-12||ASTM A536, Grade 80-55-06|
|Tensile Strength, min, psi||60,000||65,000||80,000|
|Tensile Strength, min, MPa||414||448||552|
|Yield Strength, min, psi||40,000||45,000||55,000|
|Yield Strength, min, MPa||276||310||379|
|Elongation in 2 in. or 50 mm, min %||18||12||6|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees F)||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190||2,100 – 2,190|
|Melting Temperature (Degrees C)||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200||1,150 - 1,200|
|Compressive Strength Ksi||429||429||429|
|Compressive Strength MPa||2960||2960||2960|
Contact Person: Mr. James Wang
Tel: +86 13213152686